Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Most Amazing Sunset . . . And Guitar Playing


late yesterday Ross and I headed over Hwy 49 from our home to Placerville, 

passing by Coloma and Cool (CA)

the sunset was absolutely amazing - truly the most
beautiful one I've ever seen


the western sky was yellow and orange
the eastern sky was pink and purple




After our stop at Zia's in Placerville (a new gelato and coffee place that my friend Shari recently opened) we headed to Shingle Springs to a home concert featuring internationally acclaimed guitarist Alex de Grassi. My husband is on his email list and had found out that he was going to be in our area. Turns out that the home concert was held at the home of a former co-worker - he used to sit across from me and next to Ross (yes, Ross and I also sit near each other at work - it's sick, I know). The Wall Street Journal describes Alex as “Flawless”. Billboard Magazine says “Intricate finger-picking technique with an uncanny gift for melodic invention.” Alex has performed throughout Europe and Japan, as well as Carnegie Hall, Telluride and Wolftrap.



Ross was in heaven and I got a kick out of seeing how thrilled he was throughout the concert to watch this man play. He was so happy and amazed at his talent. I was a bit tentative about the whole idea of sitting for a couple of hours just listening to a guy play the guitar yet I have become a fan as well. It was a nice way to spend a Saturday night.


1 comment:

  1. I came by through Quilthome.com. Congratulations on being the link of the week! I was picked a couple of weeks ago- so much fun. Those sunset pictures are beautiful! What a sight! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete